Friday, December 17, 2010

Ants

I have always been fascinated by ants and as a child I could spend hours watching the ants do their stuff outside my grandparents house.  As an adult I still find them fascinating, but I am happy to execute any that make their way into my house and try to steal my food.

This post is not about those naughty ants.

Recently I have had the opportunity to witness the ants near our house swarming.  I have never seen this before.  I'm not sure whether it's because of the difference in temperature between Victoria and New South Wales, or whether I just never stopped to look before.


Last week the Honey Ants swarmed.  

Last night I went to check on our garden and discovered the little black ants were having their turn, but their take off point was my vegetable plants.


1 comment:

Alrischa said...

Yikes. They each have a bite of leaf and the edges look pretty ragged.