Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Crochet books!

I am very excited because my new crochet books arrived today.  They are "The Crocheter's Companion" by Nancy Brown and "Crocheting School - A complete Course".  I ordered them last week and received an email yesterday saying they had just been posted and may take up to seven days to arrive, but they were here by 10:30 this morning. 

Here are a couple of random pages, just to show what they are like inside.  They look simple enough that even I should be able to understand them. 

I am a little sad that I need to do housework today (we have Bible Study here tonight, so I can't ignore today's housework) because I'd much rather be looking at my new books and trying out some of the new ideas and stitches.  I guess my creativity will have to wait until tomorrow.

3 comments:

kelgell said...

I'm awaiting my birthday. Mum and Dad are giving me "The Knitting and Crochet Bible". Lots of interesting know-how and new stitches. Hope you enjoy yours when you get the chance. It looks like it has some great ideas.

Alrischa said...

Hellooo, Blogger!

I think the world is being taken over by crocheters, but that's ok. Crochet looks pretty good. Just don't start making doilies, ok?

I hope all those little stars and circles and squares are easier to make than they look!

Tab said...

Hows the crochet now? I only just found your blog, so I'm catching up. I've been teaching some friends of mine to crochet at our weekly craft group. It can get a bit insane at times. Maybe I should hire Kel to come up and teach them :)