Friday, March 26, 2010

Crocheting

On Christmas Day my dear sister-in-law tried to teach me how to crochet.  Fortunately for me she is a talented and patient teacher and I managed to learn enough about reading patterns to be able to pick it up.  She also introduced me to a delightful blog, Attic24, where I discovered the pattern for these little flowers.  If you like to look at crochet, or learn about it, that's a good place to start.  Lucy's work is much better than mine and I love her many beautiful creations.

My intention is to make many of these flowers and use them to decorate a plain net curtain for Abby's bedroom.  The first flower I made, top left, is made of something cheap from K-mart (I lost the label and I don't remember what it was).  The other two, bottom left, (shown with the original) are made from a bamboo/cotton blend.  I like the feel of this, and the fact that it is not so 'fluffy' looking as the first one, although it splits easily when trying to crochet with it.  I'm a little annoyed that I ended up with almost the same colours from two different shopping trips.  I must plan better next time, but I guess this is indicative of what colours I like.   When I have enough money, I intend to buy some different colours, to add variety and brighten it all up a bit.

No comments: